Thursday, October 12, 2017

Day 125

October 11, 2017                                                                                                          Day 125

Waking up this morning I was once again freezing cold but I forced myself to make some vanilla chi tea and sit in my chair and read some of my book.  Then I slowly began packing up and getting everything ready for the road.  I was going to try and find somewhere with cell service again today so that I could update my blog and look for a post office to have my sleeping bag delivered to.

I drove from the Thousand Springs spot into a little town called Bend, Oregon that was truly picturesque!  The stores and roads looked like the ones back home and colorful trees lined all the streets making me want to park and walk around with a hot cup of cocoa in my hand.  I didn't though, for there was no where to really park with my camper which was why I didn't go to either of the two town libraries for one only had street parking and the second the lot was not big enough.

I drove on wards and came across a section of landscape that had once had lava!  It was so unreal for here I was driving in a thick, green and damp forest dotted with colorful fall trees and BAM out of nowhere black lava rock!  It was so neat.  The weather sucked though for it was raining, snowing and 30 degrees out!  I eventually parked at the entrance to the Lava Lake Snow-Park and jumped in my camper with all the clothes I could think on.  I bundled up quickly and proceeded to drink my bottle of wine, read my book, eat peanut butter and raisins and message my friend Sal.  During all of this I also received phone calls from my mom and my best friend, Stacie, which all surprised me for my phone was telling me I barely had any cell service.

So I have some absolutely fantastic news!  My friend Sal and I have been talking the last couple days and we have planned it to where he is flying out to meet me in Seattle, Washington on October 27!  Eeeek! I am so beyond excited for it will be so nice to hang out with a friendly face and someone whom I get along with so well.  We haven't planned anything in particular for the weekend that he will be there but I know without a doubt we will find something fun to do and it will be an absolute blast.  So currently, besides Portland, that is all I can think about!




No comments:

Post a Comment