Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Day 135

October 21, 2017                                                                                                          Day 135

When my alarm sounded at 06:00 it was STILL raining! Rain, Rain, Go Away Come Again Another Day.  Crawling out of my camper I walked in the rain to the restroom and back at my camper I made breakfast which consisted of: steel-cut oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, honey, blueberries, bananas and coffee.  Once I ate that I went and did a workout that broke my arms for it was practically all push-ups for thirty minutes.  After my workout, I made a tasty vanilla shake and went to take my final shower. :(

With myself all nice and clean and in my new warm hiking pants I went about packing up and organizing to get back on the road.  By 11:00, I was pulling out of the RV Park and headed into Washington with the Kalaloch campground being my final destination for the day with a pit stop at the Mount St. Helen's Visitor Center.  Before either of those stops though I stopped at a Walmart for bleu cheese, lotion and some ice for my food.  At my camper, I took out two hard boiled eggs and a slice of bread which I put almond butter and a banana on for my lunch.  By the way it has not stopped raining haha.

The Mount St. Helen's visitor center wasn't what I expected and they wanted me to pay to see their exhibit which I could read about online for free.  I was going to drive to see it but it was all overcast so I wouldn't have seen anything.  I continued my five hour drive in the gloom and rain and yet it was still pretty for all the trees were in their fall foliage and I was taking the route that took me thru all the small towns.  Around 18:00 I pulled into the campground and unfortunately all the beach sites were taken so I backed into one spot and ate dinner in my vehicle where it was warm.  Then I climbed into my warm sleeping bag with no socks!!! I can not express how amazing it feels to be able to sleep with no socks on once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment