Thursday, October 12, 2017

Day 119

October 5, 2017                                                                                                                Day 119

I was still somewhat asleep when my mom called me a little after 07:00.  She wanted to make sure that I was okay and also to ask if I was upset with her for some reason since she hadn’t heard from me in a couple days except via texts from my little brother.   I assured her that I was not upset with her and honestly could not even recall the last time I was ever upset with her; hell, I cannot even recall a time in which I was mad at her! We talked for some time and like always it was enjoyable and she made me laugh (one of the few people, besides my other family members, who can make me laugh until I cry).

Once we hung up, I tried to go back to sleep but I was already awake now and it is usually quite rare that I can fall back asleep once I am up.  For breakfast, I heated up a bagel in the skillet and put some butter on it and then I also boiled some water and made my coffee.  Taking a friends advice on coffee I bought PEET coffee this time to try out and I quite like it for it has a big bold taste which I fancy. With breakfast done I went and showered and began preparing my camper for departure.  The entire morning was relaxing and a little before 11:00 I was on the road towards Vacaville, California where I had a reservation at the Vineyard RV park.

By noon I was pulling into the RV park and going into the office to pay the $118.00 for two nights.  After having to drive two laps around the park, since I missed my camping space, I backed in and went about doing some recon on the area.  I knew I wanted to go to a wine tasting and I was told that the one at the Suisun Valley Wine Co-op was free but it turned out not to be.  I found out that all the tours I was interested in participating in were about twenty minutes away.  Since they were all relatively in the same area I did not think it made since to drive there today just to drive back there tomorrow.  I opted to save the gas and time going back and forth and stayed at the RV park for the evening.


The rest of the evening was spent making some not so delicious pasta for all I had was butter and no sauce to go with it.  I did two loads of laundry and updated a few posts in my blog but soon I grew tired of that.  I also was not really in the mood for reading my book for I knew once I got back into it I would not be able to put it down.  Instead I turned on my dinosaur of a computer and scanned Netflix for something to watch.  I watched a TV show until later in the night when I stepped out to lock up my back hatch of my camper.  While I was doing so I young gentleman from next door asked if I was interested in a gallon of water for him and his girlfriend were at the end of their trip and didn’t need it.  I said that I would take it for I will never turn down water (I am quite the hoarder of water these days) and we spent a few minutes talking about our trips before he went to his camper and I crawled into mine for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment