Friday, November 3, 2017

Day 140

October 26, 2017                                                                                              Day 140

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off at 05:30 in the Walmart parking lot of Port Angeles.  I did not want to get up but I pulled myself together and wearing what I went to bed in I got out and grabbed my stuff to make breakfast.  Inside my vehicle, with the heater on, I used my camping stove to heat up my oatmeal and peanut butter.  When my food was gone I called mom and drove out of the parking lot heading East towards the trail head of a 14 mile trail I wanted to do. 

As I drove along the forest roads in the dark the directions didn't line up with the road signs and when I finally reached the correct road there were signs saying "no trailers or motor homes" and one saying it was a one way with no turnouts. I sat in my vehicle contemplating my options for I could continue and run the risk of getting stuck out here with no cell phone service and no way to turn around or I could not do the hike and find something else to do: possibly another hike?  I really wanted to do this hike but my gut told me it was not a good idea so I turned around and drove back out to the highway in a crappy mood. I tried to find some other hikes to do but nothing popped out at me and I was at a loss as of what to do.  Finally, I said fuck it and drove back West to the Dungeness Recreation Area where I pulled in and proceeded to nap until almost noon.  I have to say this area is stunning for its a small port town with the mountains rising up behind it and across the water there are the mountains in Canada.  So picturesque in my opinion.

When I woke up, I did a Core de Force workout that felt great and then went walking around the park messaging Sal the entire time and looking forward to Friday and the coming weekend!  From there I began packing my things for the hotel, doing more dishes and eating some spinach.  During this time, a young boy and his mom approached my camper so I unlocked it so that they could see inside which totally made the kids day!  He was so freaking adorable for he was all concerned about my safety and telling me what I needed to do if there was a fire or smoke in my camper: he was all about safety!  I think he is either a fireman or policeman in the making :)

From the recreation area I drove back to the library and stayed there until about 18:30 writing up my blog but not posting them for I needed to add pictures first.  Then I drove back to the Walmart, ate my salad in my vehicle and climbed into my sleeping bag to try and get warm.  Tomorrow I finally get to see my friend!!

Post work out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment