Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 149

November 4, 2017                                                                                                     Day 149

Falling asleep is still a problem.  I was up past midnight and then awoke at 04:00 and decided to eat breakfast in my vehicle with the heat on; thankfully, I was able to fall asleep until I received a text message from a friend around 07:00.  As I opened my door there was a light dusting of snow on the ground.  Putting on my shoes I walked to the bathroom to workout which didn't go well for the app deleted my videos once again; instead, I did a few workouts on my own and took a shower.

Dressed in my yoga pants, winter pants, sports bra, tank-top, under-armor long sleeve, flannel, jacket and hiking boots I dried my hair partially under the hand dryer and went back to my camper.   There I made a protein shake and began the process of picking up and prepping for the road while I danced around to some music.  Yes, I was actually dancing around Ha I really do not seem to care anymore if people think I am some crazy loon.  I had no plan for the day and no true destination but is that not what this trip is really about?  All I knew was that I was in the mood to just drive, cover some ground and just keep driving until I decided it was time to stop.

As I left the Riverside State Park I listened to some country music as the snow whirled around me.  Spokane and the other small towns of Washington that I drove thru were quaint and all the trees still had their fall leaves but everything was covered in a dusting of snow which made it feel like Christmas to me.  I drove Eastwards into Idaho changing my music selection to Blues and not wanting to stop driving.  I somewhat wanted to do a hike but I also didn't and since I had no hikes on my itinerary I let it be.   As I entered the cute town of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho I stopped at one of their lakeside parks and it was absolutely perfect!  I have NEVER seen so many fall leaves in one place and the whole town seemed to consist mostly of them!  I got out and walked around the park as the snow fell and my feet were covered in fall color.  When I got to the lake I called up my grandma in Wisconsin and we spoke for a few minutes.  Afterwards, I went back to my vehicle and ate a salad and then continued on my way.  As I left I knew that I wanted to come back to this town one day to truly explore the area.

The drive to Montana was snow covered and mountains surrounded me on either side as I drove thru old historic towns. My GPS was set for Missoula but I had nothing planned there and I was hoping to find somewhere to camp before I got there.  All the national forest campgrounds were closed; however, about an hour out of the town I found free camping at Big Pine FAS on Fish Creek Road in Alberton, Montana.  The road started off paved and then turned into a dirt road that was laden with potholes.  Fish creek ran next to the road and after about ten minutes I was at my destination and what the view I had from my camper door!  I was right on the creek with a snow covered "mountain" rising up behind that all while the snow fell in thick flakes around me.  I heated up a meal and with my camping chair sat on the bank.  After eating I crawled into my sleeping bag for warmth, kept the door open so that I could hear the creek and look out, and finished reading the fitness magazine.

The magazine got me wanting to workout and set some real goals like maybe even participating in a race?  I had a lot of pent of energy so I decided that although it was cold out that I would do a 20 minute workout where I ran for five minutes, did lunges for five minutes and repeat.  In the end, I was sweating and now wet which when I think about it is not good; especially, when I think that I may be catching a cold.  I changed into some dry clothes and with nothing else to do and no cell phone service decided I should at least try to catch up on some sleep.


 


My Baby!


My view from my camper


No comments:

Post a Comment