Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Day 159

November 14, 2017                                                                                               Day 159

Again, I awoke around midnight wide awake just to be disappointed to find out it was not yet morning. This darkness that clings late in the morning and approaches so early in the evening is messing with my sleeping habits.  Before I would go to bed when it got dark out and rose with the sun but now that it is dark out by 15:00 my body says it is time for bed but I have to force myself to stay awake: which is difficult for once the sun disappears I am usually in my camper.  Then when I wake it is dark out so getting going in the morning is proving to also be a new chore.  Anyways, I was now awake and had to go to the restroom. As I walked over to the building I glanced up and the stars were brilliantly shining in the night sky.   There is just something about the night sky that sparks something inside me that I just cannot explain.  Thankfully, I was able to go back to sleep until around 04:00, then again at 06:00 when I finally crawled out since the sun was beginning to seep back into my world.

I started my day with bowl of Greek yogurt, muesli, blueberries, a banana and honey accompanied by a cup of coffee.  I was not exactly sure what I was going to do today and that not knowing would stick with me the entire day.  One thing that I did know was that I was now lying to my mother and family on where I was located and what I was doing so that I could surprise them for Christmas. With breakfast out of the way I read some of my new book, The River of Doubt, while snuggled in my sleeping bag.  Soon I was ready to work out and since today was the video of push ups from hell I grabbed my yoga mat and went to the bathroom/shower area to workout.  I have to say I am quite pleased with how my workout went for I stuck thru it all and felt so much stronger.  Afterwards, I snapped some pictures to create a before and after picture though there is not as much change as I would like to see.  Yet, as though I am not currently seeing the change I know that it is there for I went down a pant size and most importantly my energy level is up and I feel amazing.

Back at my camper, I cleaned up from yesterday’s cooking and then took a shower before eating a salad.  At the picnic table, I worked on planning out my “fake” itinerary to give my parents from here until I surprise them with an early arrival home for the holiday.  The itinerary was more for my sake than anything else for I know I am horrible at lying and since I speak with my mother every day I would need some help and a guide to go by.  Again, part of me says I should be doing something today like a hike; however, a bigger part of me just was not in the mood and wanted to be lazy.  Instead I took to reading my book and updating my Excel spreadsheets while going in and out of my vehicle to warm up.

Dinner was surprisingly delicious and possibly the best one I have had yet on my trip.  It consisted of asparagus, broccoli and chicken and as the last piece of chicken entered my mouth I looked at the time and saw that it was only 16:30!  Soon it was dark and I was once again in my camper but this time I had a lilac candle burning so it was rather soothing.  It was there snuggled up in my sleeping bag, with the candle burning that I read some more of my book using the light of my headlamp for I did not want all the light that came from my overhead lights. 


As I was nestled in my little cocoon I discovered some amazing news!  I won the fitness and health challenge group that I have been participating in! What does this mean?  It means that I won a brand new pair of Nike sneakers and I have to say I am super excited for I literally can not remember the last time that I have won anything!  The challenge group was based off of a point system on whether you posted photos, videos, and how often one posted; however, the real enjoyment of it all came from the wonderful people who were in the challenge group with me.  For it was due to them that I was able to keep at it all and not fall out of my routine.  They kept me accountable and though they were not physically with me I felt as though they were counting on me.  In my head if they can work out and eat healthy then there is no excuse for me to not be able to do the same thing!  Seeing their posts and hearing that they also struggled just as I did made me feel more connected with them and I absolutely loved it and cannot wait until the next challenge! 


No comments:

Post a Comment