Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 152

November 7, 2017                                                                                                      Day 152

Though I was warm and comfy last night I still had dreams all night that were anything but pleasant.  Then around 02:30 in the morning I received a message from a friend and someone I was very close to back in South Carolina that made my heart fill up with joy and affection.  I wrote down what he had told me in my journal, for it was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me, but to give you all the short version he basically told me how proud he was of me for doing this trip and going after what I wanted and that I am a beautiful person inside and out and he hopes our paths cross again.  If he is reading this he knows who he is and I just want to say that that was literally one of the sweetest and kindest things anyone has told me and that I too hope that one day our paths cross: until then I wish nothing but absolute happiness for you.

I woke up for good around 07:30 upon which I went downstairs for breakfast and then to work off all those calories I hit the gym.  In the gym, I was the only person which was nice and I did two Core de Force workouts which had me feeling amazing.  Afterwards I showered and I headed to the Museum of the Rockies which was so interesting that I was there for at least 2.5 hours.  I feel bad for the poor soul who decides to ever go to a museum with me for I move very slowly and tend to read every single bit of information; which, was exactly what I did for the dinosaur section of the museum.  I never really comprehended how huge the triceratops were until now!!  This museum had a wonderful progression of their growth from the young all the way up to an adult.  That section of the museum seemed to have received the most attention from the curators for the other sections were less adequate and I quickly flowed thru them.

Leaving the museum,  I drove to a rest area to meet up with Keri and Doug who I found out happened to be family!  A day or so ago my mother had contacted me informing me that my step-dad and his mother both had told her that I had family members who lived in Montana.  She then asked if I would like her to get in contact with them and see if they were interested in meeting up to which I replied that I would love to.  So that day Keri had contacted me and we made a plan to meet up and have dinner and get to know each other.  That leads us to today and me driving to the rest area to ride with them to a Mexican restaurant in town.  It was Keri, Doug and their son and they all were instantly very welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with them.  Sitting there having dinner with them made me feel like I was back home and though we just met I have to say it was great to be in the company of family.   After dinner they were kind enough to show me around the town and point out another museum I could hit up if I wanted to.

When they dropped me back off at my camper I drove back to the hotel where I proceeded to do a load of laundry and sit in the sauna!  Yes, ladies and gentlemen you heard that right I have a sauna in my hotel and it has been so long since I was last in one.  While I sat in there I called up my dad in Florida whom I have not spoken to in some time and we caught up.  During the conversation I went from sitting in the sauna to the heated pool and back into the sauna.  When I got back to my room with my laundry I showered and watched The Kingsman that was on TV.  During commercials, I updated my journal and contemplated deeply on whether I should pay to stay another night here in the hotel or not.  I would like to but I also don't want to waste another $59.00 on a room.  At 23:00, I was still not tired and still had not made a decision but I forced myself to go to sleep and deal with it in the morning. 









Sooo...this was in the bathroom at the museum which only had one stall and when you open the door this is what one is presented with.  I was slightly confused on why anyone would go into a stall with a stranger, shut the door and take a shit next to a stranger.  HAHA. I couldn't get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment