Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 154

November 9, 2017                                                                                                       Day 154

BEFORE BEGINNING I CANNOT UPLOAD ANY PICTURES FROM MY CAMERA FOR SOME STUPID REASON AND AFTER SPENDING OVER TWO HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT I GAVE UP!  SO IF I EVER FIX IT I WILL GO BACK AND UPDATE THESE POSTS.

Today is the last day in the hotel and I have to be checked out by 11:00.  I went down for breakfast a little before 07:00 and afterwards went and laid down for thirty minutes until 08:00.  When my alarm sounded again I was planning to do a Core de Force workout but didn't want to go down to the gym so I just worked out in my room.  I was sweating profusely and I just lacked the energy that I normally have and I have to say I think it is due to the pizza that I had.

I took my time in the shower for who knows when I will be able to have a hot shower again.  After drying my hair, I turned on the TV to watch Four Weddings while I packed up everything.  At 10:00, I started taking my things down to my vehicle to unload and organize it all.  On one of my trips down I ran into a woman who asked me if I liked my camper and I replied that I kind of have to since I built it.  Since I ended up having some time to kill before check out I just sat on the bed and continued watching Four Weddings until check out time. I have found that just the little task of being able to sit down for a few minutes and watch TV I savor a lot more then I used to.

As I checked out, I informed the receptionist that she has a wonderful personality and that I hope she has an amazing holiday for she was so cheerful and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her whenever I was at the front desk.  In my vehicle, I headed off in the direction of the Palisade Falls that were about forty-five minutes South of Bozeman.  I had nothing to do and had time to kill until dinner at 17:00 so I figured I would go for a drive and a very short hike since I was wearing jeans. Boy, am I glad I decided to go for a drive for it was absolutely beautiful.  The road was plowed but covered in snow and a river, partially covered  in snow and ice, ran next to the road and the sun was out making the snow sparkle in its light.  I listened to music and was just enjoying the drive; especially, when the pavement ended and I had a view of the surrounding mountains standing grandly over a lake.

The last few miles to the trail head were rough and not plowed and I prayed that I would not get stuck and would make it. Thankfully, I made it and though the hike was only 1.4 miles the weather was a warm 30 degrees and the view of the snow covered falls was pretty.  Luckily, I drove out without incident also and before going too far I stopped for I remembered I wanted to find a way in order to make it so my new gas can would not bump against its' holder on my camper and therefore cause it to puncture.  So I took some bungee straps and wrapped them around the holder and it worked out perfectly.  By now it was already going on 14:00 so I headed back out with the windows down and soaking in the beautiful mountain view.

Leaving the woods and mountains behind I drove to Livingston, Montana stopping at a rest area right outside of town to kill time until it was 16:00.  Then I went into town, fueled up and then headed over to their business where I was meeting up with all of them.  From there Keri drove me to their home to show me the work they are doing for they are building their home.  Where they live is so picturesque for it is a valley that is completely surrounded by mountains and the home they are building will have views only one can dream about having.  I just could not get over how beautiful the area is!  This is what I came to Montana to see and would give anything to be able to wake up every day to this view.  After we drove around some we went back to the office where all three of us stood around talking about places that I should see and looking at a large map that they have.  Then we headed out to meet up with her daughter, son-in-law and their three little girls for dinner.

Dinner went very well and I simply enjoyed being in the company of a family that reminded me so much of my own family back in Wisconsin.  The pizza that was brought out to us was literally served on a huge tray and was very good.  I honestly cannot thank them enough for their hospitality for not only did they welcome me they also paid for my dinner both nights!  Sadly, the time I dread the most has come and we must all say goodbye.  I hope that one day I will be able to come back to Montana and visit them for they are such wonderfully sweet people whom I am proud to call family.

The time was only 20:00 and it was freezing cold as I headed for the Interstate to cover some distance.  I was only able to get about an hour or so driving in before I started to become too tired to drive anymore and so found a rest area to spend the night.  I quickly found out that the 12 volt heater that I bought does absolutely nothing but push out air; however, tonight would mark the first night in awhile that I slept completely thru without any nightmares.




No comments:

Post a Comment