Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 146

November 1, 2017                                                                                                Day 146

Waking up in the rest area I was groggy and freezing cold as soon as I left the warmth of my sleeping bag.  Though it was around the time I normally wake up it was dark out and it reminded me that winter was on its way.  The nights are getting longer and the days are shorter and shorter.  I made myself a slice of bread with a banana on it and ate that for breakfast while sitting in my vehicle trying to warm up.  My phone had died last night so I was trying to get it to charge and turn back on so that I could use it to navigate to Spokane.

As the sun began its climb for the day I drove to Spokane where I planned to spend the night at the Riverside State Park -- Bowl and Pitcher campground if any sites were available.  The drive wasn't bad, though it was gloomy and had begun to rain. As I pulled into the campground the office was closed and it was self-serve.  There was only one other camper, who seemed to be a resident and yelled at her two dogs constantly.  I parked in site #20 for a fee of $20.00 per night and went about setting up my camper and airing it out for now the sun had come out and it was getting warmer out.  To show how out of it I am I read that the water gets turned off for the winter the third weekend in October and was like, "perfect I have time"...it's November 1st.  It took me trying the water faucets to realize it was November and not October. So to fill up my five gallon jug I took to making trips, in between cooking, with my bladder and water bottles to the bathroom to fill them up in the sink and then pour them into the jug.  Like I said, during this process I was also meal prepping.  Which consisted of cooking chicken, oatmeal, brown rice, hard-boiled eggs and steaming broccoli.  It doesn't sound like much but with only a two burner propane stove it takes some time.

As I cooked a man approached me with a beautiful dog to see me camper for he also has a teardrop camper.  We started talking and I found out he is a super attendant at a high school and had his students build a tear drop camper as one of their projects.  He invited to come by later but I would not get around to it for I busy until it was dark out and just did not feel like talking to be honest.  When my food was cooked and the dishes were done I changed and did a Core de Force MMA Speed workout near my camper.  I then bought two dollars worth of tokens for the shower and as I went to start the shower I realized I did not even need the tokens for it turned on without any of them!  I was happy I didn't have to pay but irritated for I did pay Ha I guess it is only $2.00 dollars.  The bathroom was heated so well that I contemplated just staying in there Ha.

After my shower, I went about starting a fire to use the wood I had and it is quite sad but it would mark my first fire while on my trip; however, everywhere I have been has either been in a fire danger area or it has just been too hot to have one.  I had a fire going within seconds and went and opened a bottle of wine that Sal had left for me.  I had that sweet delicious taste of heaven while eating my chicken dinner near the fire.  Once I was done eating I realized it was only 17:00!  I am not a fan of it getting dark out so early for it makes me think it is a lot later than it is.  To pass the time, I took to updating my journal near the fire until it died and then I climbed into my camper.  There I read The Alchemist while curled up in my sleeping bag until bed.

I love my jelly belly wine glass!

 

Food prep


No comments:

Post a Comment