Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 155

November 10, 2017                                                                                                    Day 155

If felt so good to be able to sleep peacefully and when I woke up it was still dark out so I went back to sleep.  The next time I woke up, the entire inside of my camper was covered in frost and I was cold.  Within my sleeping bag I changed into two pairs of pants, a clean sports bra and some long-sleeved shirts for working out.  I then went inside the rest area to the family restroom that had its own separate area.  I locked myself in there and did a Core de Force power sculpt workout which was difficult for I am a clean freak and working out in a bathroom was disgusting to me but it was warm and I was not about to workout in the parking lot where it was freezing.  I had on so many layers so the only part that contacted the floor were my hands which I washed thoroughly afterwards.

At my camper, I made oatmeal and then got back on the road towards Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  The drive was about five to six hours but went well for I was listening to Indie music and taking in the scenery.  I like to observe how the landscape changes; for in Bozeman, I was surrounded by mountains and snow and as I drove East the mountains were replaced by hills which in turn were replaced with flat prairies that contained barely any snow.  The landscape opened up and one could see for miles with an endless, clear, blue sky giving Montana the nickname of Big Sky country. When I reached the park at 16:00 I got my map, sticker and postcards.  Then I drove around looking for somewhere to camp for free and ended up going back to a scenic turnout on Interstate 90E near Sentinel Butte, North Dakota. 


No comments:

Post a Comment