Friday, November 3, 2017

Day 141

October 27, 2017                                                                                                       Day 141

Today is the day!!!! I literally can not express how excited I feel inside and how I cannot wait to get to Seattle and for Sal to arrive.  Waking up I got dressed in my vehicle where it was warm and ate the last of my oatmeal which I had heated up on my camping stove yet again..  Then I drove to the Dungeness recreation area, again pulling into the picnic area, and did a Core de Force workout.  Afterwards, I packed up my backpack for at the hotel, gathered all my dirty clothes together and did some final dishes.  Then I began the drive to Seattle hoping to stop and get an oil change but that didn't happen for I didn't have time to unhook my camper.

The drive was amazing with the fall colors (I know I keep mentioning it but Autumn is literally my favorite time of the year!), the sun was out in all its brilliance and it was actually warm enough that I drove with my window down.   I listened to my music and felt giddy the whole drive which wasn't helped by the coffee I had nor the protein shake I devoured.  At one point, my stupid phone rerouted me to a ferry and I didn't notice until I was practically there so I had to back track which added about an hour or two to my drive.  Now instead of arriving a little before noon I wouldn't get there until after 13:00!  As I entered the Seattle area, the traffic became insane and I quickly remembered why I don't like driving in big cities; to top it off I was almost crushed by two semis and had to blare my horn.

Finally, I made it to the Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue and I felt like a county girl who just walked into the fancy business world.  The girl behind the counter was super nice and told me where I had parked, right out front under the entrance, was a good spot.  Thanks to Sal, I could check in early so with my keys and my backpack and dirty clothes I headed up to the fourth floor and all the way to the end to Room 443.  Opening the door was like stepping into blissfulness!  The room was practically a condo with two bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen!  It was warm and perfect.  After picking the smaller of the two rooms since he was paying for it all I figured he should have the bigger room.  I immediately changed into a pair of shorts, t-shirt and flip flops and took the elevator down to floor T to do laundry.  As I made my way there I called my friend, Stacie, to talk to her and tell her about my excitement and to see what she was up to. By the way it only cost me $3.00 to do two loads of laundry!

Once I had my clothes washed and dried I went back up to the room to work on getting myself washed, dried and somewhat presentable.  I was in the shower for at least twenty minutes shaving, scrubbing and simply soaking in the warm clean water that ran over my body.  Afterwards, I slowly worked on getting my hair dried and straightened, putting on makeup, then my black dress and finally sending Stacie a picture of what I looked like to make sure it was appropriate.   By 17:00 I was pretty much ready and anxiously awaiting Sal's arrival.  He messaged me as soon as he got off the plane and then when we got an Uber and then came the knock on the door.

As I opened up the door I was greeted with a wonderful hug and it felt so amazing to be back in his company.  After he placed his things in his room we began to update each other, though we talk almost every day, over a glass of wine.  He had brought two bottles of wine with him along with a bottle of tequila, the book The Alchemist and a fitness magazine!.  I can not express how great it felt to be talking with him in person once again and while he went to get ready for dinner I continued drinking some wine while I waited. 

We took an Uber to downtown Seattle and walked thru Pikes Place Market which was closed at this hour and then went to the restaurant for our dinner.  We ate at The Brooklyn which was delicious and we talked effortlessly and laughed often while we ate and had some drinks.  Leaving there we walked around and found a divish bar down the road to get drinks at which to me was nice spot for us to drink and talk.  It was called the Diller Room and we both had two to three drinks (gin and tonics) while people watching.

As we walked around taking in the sites it felt amazing and soon we decided to head back to the hotel to have some tequila and watch a comedy movie.  The night was absolutely perfect and though I didn't want it to end I knew that tomorrow would also be amazing and I could not wait to see what the day would hold.

Finally in a dress and human clothes!


No comments:

Post a Comment