Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 150

November 5, 2017                                                                                                         Day 150

To say last night was interesting would be an under statement.  First, I woke up wide awake, refreshed, needing to pee and ready to face the day only to find out it was midnight.   So I bared the freezing cold temperatures to pee and promptly jumped back into my sleeping bag.  The second time I woke up it was only around 04:00 and I had to go the bathroom yet again!  So I went the bathroom and went back to bed but the last time I would wake would be from me literally screaming and waking myself up.  I can't remember exactly what happened but something or someone was trying to or actually was attacking me all I remember is trying to scream and not being able to until I did and woke myself up from doing so.  This time I would not be going back to sleep.

I really hate that it is so dark out still at 08:00 for I miss the light and mostly I miss the heat but this is what I signed up for and I am not one to back down.  When I pulled on my pants and walked to go use the bathroom I realized it was not really all that cold out.  I turned on my vehicle to defrost it and while it ran I made my oatmeal which in turn led to me making a whole new batch of oatmeal.  Then since I was somewhere that I could cook and I had a great view I also made some rice.  Trying to do the dishes completely sucked for my hands started locking up from the cold and I used the last of my water that was not in my five gallon jug. Once my cooking and cleaning were completely done I climbed into my heated vehicle where I changed into every day clothes.  I turned my camper around easily and drove back to the Interstate.

Since I did not have service yesterday I had two voice mails from my mom and so once I acquired service again I called her back. In Missoula, I stopped at Cabelas to look for a heater and since Kohl's was right next door and my pants no longer fit me (currently, I am wearing a pair of pants under my jeans and still need a belt) I went over there to buy a new pair.  So it is with great pleasure that I announce that for the first time ever I am down to a size 5 and even have room in those pants that I still need a belt!  The parking lot was huge so I just stayed there and walked to the City Brew Coffee Roasters where I would spend the day, until about 15:00, planning the next leg of my journey, updating my excel sheets and emailing some places.  I pretty much planned my trip all the way home with Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska in detail.  Since I still have time I am thinking of also hitting Kansas, Iowa and Minnesota.

Leaving the coffee shop, I made a protein shake and ate a hard-boiled egg while I drove to Target and then Walmart looking for some supplies.  During all this walking throughout the stores I was talking to my mom on the phone about an apple butter she was making and giving her a hard time about coming home for Christmas.  She had me laughing so hard and was saying that out of all her children I make up about 80% of her anxiety. :) Love you mom.  Eventually, we said goodnight after I misplaced my keys and then my water bottle cap...I swear I am losing my brain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment