Friday, November 3, 2017

Day 144

October 30, 2017                                                                                                                Day 144

Today was a tough day for I am happy to be with Sal but sad that today he has to leave.  I wish he could stay longer but I know he has commitments and must go.  These last couple days have been more than I expected and it was nice being able to have company on this journey of mine. When we woke up we made sure that we wouldn't miss breakfast again and headed downstairs to eat.  For once I was not sure what to say for I didn't want to bring up anything that would deal with him leaving and we were both somewhat quite.  When breakfast was done we went upstairs and sat on the couch watching TV until he had decided enough time had passed that we could go down and workout.

Down at the gym we both ran on the treadmill and I was very surprised with myself for I ran four miles in an hour and I have NEVER ran four miles in my life.  It was nice though having someone next to me on the treadmill that I could somewhat stay with so I think that helped out a lot.  After our workout we went upstairs to shower and get packed up.  His flight was not until 17:00 so we walked around downtown Bellevue which was beautiful for the sun was out and fall leaves scattered the ground where we walked.  We both were quite and mentioned that we were sad that it was our last day of hanging out; I just hope that we are able to hang out again soon for I truly enjoy his company. 

We walked to a Thai place, Tangerine Thai Cuisine, where we were practically the only people in the place and the food was hands down one of the best Thai meals I have had.  He also introduced me to Thai ice tea that was practically the milk of the gods it was so good.  The walk back to the hotel ended all too soon and we just spent the last hour or so hanging out as I tried to not think about him leaving.  Unfortunately, the time I had been dreading came and we headed downstairs to check out.  We sat on a bench near my vehicle as we waited for his Uber to arrive and when it did we hugged good bye and I watched him get in the car and drive away. 

Back at my own vehicle, I was in no mood to go anywhere or do anything but I had to get going and figure out where I was going to spend the night.  After such an amazing weekend and the best time I have ever had being in a city it was hard to get my head wrapped around being on the road again.  First, I stopped at a Trader Joe's to get some food and then I tried to find a place to get an oil change but they were all so expensive.  With no destination at all really I headed in the general direction of a state park I was thinking about going to.  As I drove, Stacie called me and we talked which helped put me in a somewhat better mood.  Eventually, I pulled over at a rest area on Interstate 90 Eastbound near Cle Elum and quickly remembered how much it sucks to be freezing cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment