Friday, April 13, 2018

Day 174

November 29, 2017                                                                                                 Day 174

Waking up not freezing cold this morning was wonderful!  I was up around 06:00 and once I brushed my teeth I walked out to my camper to grab my cooler and breakfast food.  By 07:00, my mom was up and so was my little brother for he had school.  To actually heat up my oatmeal in a microwave and have it ready in seconds was a great feeling.  It is amazing how quickly we take for granted the little pleasures we are blessed with today.  After I ate, I went and did a workout downstairs for the first time in shorts and a tank top!! I know I keep going on about this but it feels so great to not have to be thinking about what I am going to wear, where I am going to eat or sleep every day.  With my workout done I took a long, hot shower that was blissful.

When I got out of the shower mom and I drove over to my grandma Hoefferles' house to surprise her.  Boy was she surprised!   I hid behind mom and as she stepped inside I jumped out from behind her and yelled, "Merry Christmas!"  She was so shocked and came right over and hugged me so hard, multiple times.  I cannot explain the joy inside my heart seeing how happy they all are to see me.  We sat around the table talking for some time and though I was so happy I was also a tad sad by how long it had been and how much has transpired in a year. 

Leaving my grandmas we drove to SuperOne to buy some things and then thought we saw Barb and Neal (my other grandparents) so we were going to sneak up on them also; however, it turned out not to be them.  So we went home.  At home, I made a lunch of greek yogurt and then we sat on the couch until mom had to go to work at 14:00.  While she was gone I did a load of laundry and did some coach work during which I once again fought my computer.  It is beyond time for a new computer.

When mom and dad came home we had dinner which comprised of a pork roast she had been cooking all day in the slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment