Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 196

April 17, 2018                                                                                                                 Day 196

Last night I was freezing cold in my sleeping bag but at some point I must have fallen asleep for I woke up this morning with a jump due to yet another nightmare.  This one I don't really remember but I hope it doesn't mean they are going to start back up again.  Once I was up I had to use some force to open my door for it was frozen shut.  Outside there was a good inch or so of snow on the ground and it was 26 degrees and still snowing.  I sat in my vehicle where it was warm and clean from yesterday.  There I made oatmeal and changed into my winter hiking clothes...by now it was just going on 06:30 am.

Leaving the spot I was at my AWD and check engine light were on but there was nothing I could do about it so I drove to the seneca creek trail head.  The trail was 9.7 miles out and back but I would only end up making it 6.2 miles due to the flooding of the trail and though I went thru one creek crossing the second one was too high and not safe enough to pass.  The hike itself was beautiful even though the trail had turned into a stream.  I would really love to come back in the summer when the weather is nice for this whole are would be amazing.

At my camper, I messed with my lock again for it was frozen closed and made a chicken salad sandwich once I was able to free it.  I ended up tossing half the sandwich for I just was not craving it and tried to eat a peanut butter and honey slice of bread but that too did nothing for me.  I drove out towards Seneca Rock wishing the snow would relent so I could see the views but alas it did not.   When I reached Seneca Rock I could see it from the parking area but honestly I was just not in the mood to hike and I have learned to not make myself do a hike if I am not feeling it for nothing good will usually come of it.  I also still had no service and I did not want to be worrying my mother any more then I am sure she already is.  Instead, I drove over an hour out of my way until I obtained service so that I could call her.

To say I was surprised that I did not have any messages from her would be an understatement but this is where what I said earlier about possibly coming off rude when I was complaining about checking in all the time comes in.  So I apologized to her when we spoke.  After messaging Jason it was decided that I would drive back to his place and spend the next few days hanging out with him and waiting out this crappy weather.  Before starting in his direction I called my grandma and bought a box of raisenets and an energy drink.

When I got back to his place it was around 18:00 and we headed over to Cedar Lakes which is a park near his home.  There we walked around with Daisy for about five miles and while walking with him he made me realize that I should try more things to keep myself feeling younger in a way.  It is kind of difficult to explain what I mean.  When we went back to his place we had dinner and followed that up with the hot tub again.  Before calling it a night he brought to my attention a dangerous thing...that he access to Season 7 of Game of Thrones. :)

This snow is bullshit...just saying





Seneca Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment