Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Day 188

April 9, 2018                                                                                                         Day 188

Another dream.  In this one my ex was the main figure and as he did in real life he left me and never bothered to inform me that we were over.  Then he came back and had me go on a boat with him though at first he didn't want me to go...everyone else that was there had invited me.  This boat was different for instead of sails it had balloons and I had to stand on a board shaped like surf board to steer it.  I was trying with all my might to keep it up but it was so much force on my legs.  While I was trying to steer the boat he was trying to get back with me and though I longed so badly to be held by a man I refused him.  Then I was back on the board struggling when I fell off and woke up to my legs feeling like they had actually been on the board.

It had snowed and rained last night so I woke up to the gloomy glow of the rest area lights shining thru my sunroof.  I dressed into hiking clothes and ate a slice of bread with almond butter and a banana.  I still did not know what I felt like doing today so finally I just decided upon doing a hike.  Therefore, I drove 17 minutes east to the Rock Bridge Trail near Pine Ridge, KY.  It was a 1.3 mile hike that featured a waterfall and the only true natural arch in the area for water runs under it.  The hike was beautiful and a storm must have gone thru for on both sides of the trail trees were down filling up the landscape. 

With the short hike completed I contemplated doing another hike; yet, I didn't feel like driving around.  Instead I voted to meal prep some and took apart the rotisserie chicken from the other day, cut up carrots, cut a cucumber and cooked asparagus.  Near the end of making some milk my fingers were freezing cold.  I boiled water and did the few dishes I had, gathered up my laundry and made a shake. 

The 1.5 hour drive to Lexington, Kentucky was uneventful.  I pulled into the almost empty campground around 14:00 and parked by the camp store to pay the $24.00 for the primitive site.  When I was presented with the map I was told I could park anywhere in the field.  So I had an entire field to myself which was phenomenal.  I found a spot up on a hill in between three very large trees.  Before doing anything I unhitched my camper and drove back down to the RV area and went to do laundry.  I had to use two washing machines at $2.00 each and while they washed I walked to the other side of the building to shower.

All but three stalls were out of order and one the light had went out.  I turned the faucet on and got ready to soak in the sweet luxury of a hot shower.  The water had a different plan though and barely warmed up to a luke warm temperature so I quickly bathed as my legs were ice cold and goosebumps covered my body.  Stepping out was even colder for the bathroom was not heated.  To say that was not enjoyable would be a huge understatement.  By the time I got back to the laundry room my clothes were done.  I put them all in one dryer, which I have done before mind you, paid $1.50 and waited 44 minutes.  After the 44 minutes my clothes were no where near dry so I had to divide it up between two dryers and pay more money and wait an additional 44 minutes.

To pass the time I sat on the folding counter working on my online fitness business and making a plan to speak with my coach later.  Finally, my clothes were done and I could get back to my camper where I made a wrap and spoke with my coach.  Once my conversation with her ended I then spoke with my dad in Florida about a new laptop.   As the sun went down shadows were cast from the trees onto the bright green grass, birds sang nearby and I was calm. I watched a romantic comedy on Netflix before calling it a night.












No comments:

Post a Comment