Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 198

April 19, 2018                                                                                                                Day 198

Last night I tossed and turned and felt as though I didn't sleep at all when I woke up.  When we were both ready we headed downstairs to eat breakfast and then drove to where his welding demonstration was being held.  After dropping him off I headed back to the hotel where I looked up things to see or do in the area and work on my online business. 

At 11:00, I checked out and sat in his van in the hotel parking lot thinking of calling my mom when one of my good friends called me.  We ended up talking all the way until I had to go pick Jason back up around 12:30.  I thoroughly enjoy talking with my friend and he always has great stories from work which I look forward to hearing.   Before I started to drive to pick Jason back up we joked about me not coming to get him and taking off in his van but alas I did pick him back up :)

Once I picked him up we went to the Penn Brewery for lunch and a drink.  The food and drinks were not too bad but nothing really special and once we were beyond full we started on the trip back to his place.  When we stopped to fill up with fuel I took over driving to give him a break during which I think he fell asleep for a few minutes.  We then spent the entire drive talking and listening to music.  An hour or so into the drive we took a detour to see "Big Muskie" a  Bucyrus-Erie, 4250-W dragline which was the largest walking drag line ever built.  It also was the biggest machine ever to move on land so that was really interesting to see.  We spent a few minutes there walking around before getting back in the van and continuing the drive.

Around 19:00, we got back to his place where I called my mom before him and I went for a run.  I would like to interject that one I am not a great runner in the slightest and I HATE hills!    It is amazing how out of shape I seem to be even though I hike all the time and also workout too.   After I practically died trying to keep up with him we did a lunge contest where we believe we did lunges for over 100 yards.  I think it is safe to say we both could barely walk afterwards but neither one of us wanted to give in but eventually I couldn't go any further :)  It is nice to have someone that pushes me to get out of my comfort zone and workout when I don't really feel like it. 

Back at the house we showered and then we sat on the coach watching, "The secret life of Walter Mitter" which was a very good movie.  By the time the movie was over it was around 23:00 and we both were beyond exhausted and he had to be at work early in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment