Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 200

April 21, 2018                                                                                                                Day 200

My day started around 09:30 as we sat in the kitchen sipping coffee and eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  As soon as our coffee was done we rode down to his parents place to begin working on my camper.  He cut and sanded down a metal plate that would go where the wires for my solar panel run into my back hatch.  It would act as a support and hopefully help prevent water from getting down into that area again.  The plate looks amazing and I think he did a wonderful job for he also cut down the aluminum trim on the sides of my camper where they meet the hurricane hinge for there were gaps that was allowing water to seep in.    The top of my camper where my solar panel was was sanded down while we tried to get a resin to set. 

Throughout the day we rode back and forth between his house and his parents and for lunch his dad made us a quick lunch of ramps, potatoes and beans which I thought was really tasty.  At some point we had to run into town to acquire a new resin, paint, and some other materials.  Of course, since we both love ice cream, we stopped at a Dairy Queen for some ice cream for the ride back. 

As my camper dried for the evening we met up with some of his friends to go ride the jeeps around some more.  I really do enjoy just riding around in the jeep and spending time with someone who is a great conversationalist.   As it got darker out we went back to his place where we had popcorn and watched a TV show.  I know I am missing some details but I have been so consumed with hanging out and working on my camper that I am writing this a few days past this date so I can not remember everything that has happened.  I was supposed to be gone by now but now we are working on my camper so one I cannot leave until it is fixed and it is nice to be able to take a step back and just enjoy the moments of this life.  We are always rushing off to the next thing and I know I am guilty of doing this a lot even on this trip.  The thing is though we need to take things as they come and it is not hurting anything by me staying somewhere longer then I planned.  I have only one life to live why not enjoy it and do what I please.


No comments:

Post a Comment