Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 179

March 31, 2018                                                                                                       Day 179

Waking up this morning it felt colder then yesterday although it was the same temperature out.  So it took me some time to get out of bed.  When I did emerge, the sun was almost all the way up and so I made some oatmeal for breakfast.  Like yesterday, I sat at the back of my camper to eat and for the first time I was not able to finish my oatmeal for I was too full.  As I put things away from breakfast I tried to wrap my head around working out in the cold.  Eventually, I sucked it up and changed into workout clothes and did my dynamic strength video in the driveway across from my campsite. 

As I was finishing up my workout the wind increased in its intensity and one could feel a storm coming on. I moved quickly packing up my things and boiling water to wash my hair out using a squirt bottle and a brush to move the water thru my hair.  With my hair wrapped up in a towel I climbed into my camper and changed into clean clothes after washing myself down with towelettes.

Leaving the campsite, I drove back into Illinois heading in the direction of The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO.  The drive was around three hours which was not too bad and as I stopped to fill up on fuel an older gentleman stopped me at the pump and started talking to me about my teardrop.  I stood there, in the cold, talking to him as he sat in his warm truck and we discussed teardrops in general and he gave me some nice places to visit if I had the time.  It was a nice conversation and after he left I got back on the road.  As I was driving I passed a sign stating that the world's largest rocking chair was up ahead so I detoured to see it..  An hour from St. Louis I stopped at a rest area to spend the night to try and save some money and not pay for a campground.  There I fell asleep very early for I was just not feeling the grandest and was just really sick of everything: the rain, the leaking and certain people.




No comments:

Post a Comment