Monday, April 23, 2018

Day 183

April 4, 2018                                                                                                       Day 183

BURR!! The temperature dropped during the night and now it is 32 degrees out but feels every bit 26 degrees.  I briskly walked to use the restroom and then climbed into my vehicle with the heat on full blast.  I changed into my workout clothes but couldn't warm up at all so I decided I would go hiking first.  In the meantime, I made coffee and oatmeal which I ate in my vehicle.

By 09:00, I called and left a message with my parents letting them know I was going hiking and that they should hear from me later in the day.  The hikes were short but the landscape was beautiful with mossy rock cliffs within a forest of trees.  My first hike was the Garden of the Gods Observation Point, 0.5 miles, and was a nice stone trail with beautiful vistas with water running down the stone pathway from all the rain.  From there I hiked a very muddy and mostly stream laden trail called Indian Pint, 1.8 miles.  Finally, I decided to drive 15 minutes to hike Beaver Trail, 3.2 miles. The trail went by a lake where the water was the color of a blue lagoon.  Then it led one to massive stone cliffs covered in green moss and dripping with sparking water.  Those stone steps led into crevices and narrow walkways between the cliffs.  All in all it was a beautiful hike and a nice day for the sun was out.

Back at my vehicle, the sun was out but it was only 43 degrees and I found my first tick of the year on me.  After annihilating it I decided to do a power sculpt workout which afterwards I think took me over the edge; however, I could not pass it up for I had the whole beach area to myself and it just seemed perfect to do a workout there.  At my campsite for the evening I sat in the warmth of my vehicle and dreaded having to go out and wash my hair but it needed it.  While the water was heating up on the stove I gathered my solar shower bag and a funnel.  Once the water was hot enough I poured that into the bag which I hung on a pole near my camper and proceeded to wash my hair.  With my hair clean I hopped into my camper where I had a small vehicle heater going so it was somewhat warm (most likely the heat was all in my head).  There I cleaned my body off with cleansing towelettes and put on clean clothes.

Once I was layered up in warm clothes I made hot chocolate and cleaned up from my washing session.  The sun thankfully is still out but it still is very cold to me.  I took down my canopy since it is not suppose to rain again and then I made a turkey, cheese wrap that I ate while updating my journal.  When I finished eating I called my grandma hoefferle and we spoke for some time.  My older brother called me once I hung with grandma so I spoke with him for awhile.  At this point, it is only 17:50 and I am finishing up my journal entry, sipping jasmine pearl tea and relaxing.  Happiness is slowly trickling back in...at least I hope so.  Well, that happiness was short lived for I did the one thing I told myself I wouldn't do again and that was wait around on someone just to be disappointed once more. 











No comments:

Post a Comment