Friday, April 13, 2018

Day 175

November 30, 2017                                                                                                Day 175

I spent longer at home then I had planned to but I think it was well needed for it had been almost a year since I had been home.  It allowed me the time to have some epic UNO and SkipBo games with the grandparents...one actually led to a four hour match between mom, dad and I!  I worked on my coaching business along with my own fitness goals and was able to unwind from my adventures. 

No fault to anyone but as time went by I began to get irritated at the simplest things and I felt a heaviness in my chest.  The road was calling me again and I needed to get back out there.  The road is where I feel at peace and grounded.  Hiking puts me in such a happy place that very few things in my life have been able to do.  I need fresh air daily and something to be doing otherwise I have noticed I tend to go insane.

While I was home I did take a short trip back to Arizona to visit a friend of mine there so that was a nice reprieve from the cold weather. When I returned to Wisconsin my mom, little brother and I went out to our family Christmas tree farm and picked out our tree!  I also made a trip to Michigan to see a good friend of mine who I used to work with and we had a great time.   Since I won't go into detail of the three months I was at my parents I will let the pictures tell the story. :)

I wanted this tree...apparently it was too big??

Little bro cutting down our X-mas tree!

Arizona Lights

Mom made some delicious bread!

My best friend Stacie and I ice skating on a lake.

The cutest little niece ever!!

Another day of shoveling snow!

My good friend Vernon and I after just completing my first EVER 5K race!!! Thank you so much for sticking with me the entire time even though I was going slow :)

Lighthouse in Michigan

You are getting so old!!

Mom and I on the day I left home.

My crazy brothers and mom during our Christmas party.

The second cutest niece EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment