Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 193

April 14, 2018                                                                                                             Day 193

I was on the road by 08:30 to Jason's place in West Virginia where I was to meet up with him and go ride around in some jeeps.  I had met him some time ago via Facebook and we have been talking ever since then and thankfully things worked out that we could meet up while I was traveling.  He also built a teardrop camper so I was excited to see his and hopefully get some help with fixing my leaking problem.   His place was approximately two to three hours away so I would be getting there around noon.  While I drove I called mom and spoke with her and I have already apologized to her about this but for some reason lately I have been getting irritated at telling people where I am at every hour of the day.  I know they all mean well and I would much rather have people who care too much then those who care too little so after I felt like I was somewhat rude about what I told my mom I apologized to her.

When I found his place it was quite a ways back and he walked out to greet me and as we spoke I liked hearing his accent.  I met his beautiful dog, Daisy, while we waited for his friends to show up with whom we would be going out jeeping with.  It was a beautiful spring day and to be honest it became a little too warm to where I was sweating. We spent the entire day, up until 17:30, riding around on back roads along with another jeep and a couple side by sides.  We mostly talked with each other and I found the conversation to be stimulating and the ride to be relaxing.  Near the end of the ride it was just his jeep and one other jeep.  The second jeep became quite stuck so they spent the next half hour or so trying to free it from the mud. 

Back at his place, I drove my camper to the back of his house and parked it next to his.  He showed me the one he built which I absolutely loved and then he took a look at mine.  He informed that the reason I could not find the solar seal was apparently due to the other silicone company, DAP, paying Lowe's to not carry it.  He applied the solar seal he had which unlike the other kinds of silicone stays malleable and does not harden up and break. 

Once my camper was sealed he showed the other things he has built.  All I can say is that this man is one of the most talented people I have ever met!  Besides building a teardrop camper he has also built a sailboat, a kayak, two bicycles, carves pipes with designs on them, makes wood and metal artwork, restores old cars, brews his own beer and wine and can pretty much do about anything!  I mean seriously, what can't this guy do?  His home is quite beautiful and one can tell he has put work into it.

Inside I sampled his beer which turned out to be very good and he made us dinner out of steak, rice, peppers, onions, mushrooms and homemade salsa.  We both enjoy the same music so while we talked we had some soothing music as background noise.  I find it very easy and relaxing to talk with him which is nice for one does not always find that; especially, with people one has just met.   With our dinner finished he started a fire and we sat outside drinking, talking and looking up at the stars.  A little while later when our food had settled in our stomachs we hopped into his hot tub and let me tell you it felt divine.  When we got out of the hot tub and decided we should probably get some rest, he was letting me sleep inside in the guest bedroom, we realized that it was going on 2:00 in the morning!  Conversation came so easily and we were both having such a wonderful time that time literally flew by without either one of us noticing.


No comments:

Post a Comment