Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Day 186

April 7, 2018                                                                                                              Day 186

There was no sunshine to wake up to so I got up around 07:30 and it was quite chilly out about 27 degrees. Last night I had yet another dream.  This time it was not a family member but someone was trying to kill me.  I really wish I knew what these dreams meant if anything. I laid in bed for quite some time until I had to go the bathroom and could not wait any longer.  When I came back from the bathroom I had yogurt and fruit juice for breakfast with some hot tea while updating my Excel receipts in my vehicle.

Around 09:00 or 10:00, I can't remember, I changed into hiking clothes and unhitched my camper.  I drove twenty-five minutes Northeast to Cumberland Falls State Park.  At the visitor center I dealt with a lazy and uninformative worker who literally did not answer any of my questions and told me just to go buy a map at the gift shop.  So I walked over to the shop and bought a postcard along with a map of the park.  After weighing my options I chose to hike to Eagle Falls which was approximately 2.5 miles long and led to a beautiful waterfall.  Although the trail was somewhat strenuous it did not take the five hours the guy at the visitor center said it would; I completed it in an hour.

It lightly snowed on and off all day and was a moist and cold day.  The landscape reminded me a lot of Oregon for everything was damp and covered in moss.  After hiking I went back to the visitor center and combined part of the Moonbow trail, Rock House trail and Wildflower loop trail to make about another 2.5 miles.  The trail itself was decent with a couple trees down in the trail so I had to maneuver around them.  Throughout that hike I had service so I texted my younger brother sending him pictures to share my experience with him.

It was only going on 15:00 when I was done hiking but I felt tired which I attribute to the weather.  I have noticed that my mood is very dependent upon the weather.  I called my mom to let her know I was done hiking and heading back to my camper.  There I changed into clean, comfy clothes and made a dinner/lunch of grits, cheese, turkey slices and a Grolsch lager...pretty much all I had left to eat.  I did the dishes after heating up water, wrote in my journal and then chilled the rest of the day.











No comments:

Post a Comment