Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 181

April 2, 2018                                                                                                               Day 181

I slept so well last night for the first time since starting my trip back up.  It was still cold and gloomy out but at least the rain stopped.  By 09:00 I had already ate oatmeal for breakfast and had some hot tea.  I decided to drive down the road to look into what my hiking options for the day were.  Although there were hardly any maps for the trails in the area I decided I would at least walk around some.  So I changed and drove to a spot with one bar of service to call my parents and let them know I was going on a hike in the area.

As expected the trails were not well marked and the map at the trail head was difficult to read.  Most of the trails had stream crossings which were like rivers due to the rain and if I was heading to a house afterwards I wouldn't mind getting wet; however, I have only my camper to go back to and no way to really dry out my boots and clothes.  The scenery was still enjoyable though and I was back at my camper by noon after only doing a few miles. 

There I made lunch out of two hard boiled eggs and two clementine oranges.  I then took a nap out pure boredom until I woke up at 15:00 and ate my dinner while sitting my vehicle to warm up some.  I made some herbal tea, played my ipod (thanks to my friend in Michigan I now have a cable to charge it up) and colored in my adult coloring book.  Afterwards, I wrote a letter a friend of mine in Arizona, drank a beer and played games on my phone until calling it a night at 19:00.



No comments:

Post a Comment