Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 178

March 30, 2018                                                                                                      Day 178

I woke up this morning around 07:30 am all cozy in my sleeping bag and not wanting to get up.  Last night, I had ended up watching episodes of "When Calls the Heart" until about 22:00 and then tossed and turned while the rain fell on my camper and the leaf litter outside. Though the temperature on my phone said it was 42 degrees it felt a lot colder then that but that mostly attributed to the damp weather.

As soon as I got dressed I brushed my teeth and went about making coffee and some oatmeal for breakfast.  I then sat at the back of my camper sipping my coffee and eating whilst the sun slowly came up allowing me to see the fall leaves that still clung to the trees although it is now spring.  By 09:45 I was on my way to the Exotic Feline Rescue Center that was about twenty minutes away in Center Point, IN.

It cost $10.00 to get in for a tour and the lady inquired about my little camper for she had seen me drive by. Throughout the walking tour we went past all the enclosures of the casts that they had for visitors to see.  Though I enjoyed it and caught some decent photographs my heart broke.  For all the lions, tigers, leopards, bobcats, and severals had health issues.  Almost all had neurological problems and had difficulty walking.  This is just one of the MANY reasons why these amazing animals should NOT be kept as pets or in circuses.  Those raised in a circus still continue to pace in a circle and always clockwise...it just broke my heart and made me very angry.

The tour only lasted a total of 10 to 15 minutes so I was a little shocked for I had planned on spending at least one hour at the center.  Instead I felt like I drove three hours for no real reason; yet, I didn't find it a complete waste for it was a beautiful day and I bought myself a sweater for $35.00 which has now become my new favorite sweater :)

By 10:45, I was driving back to the campground I was at last night.  I figured I would take this day to find my routine and plan a little bit.  I called mom up to let her know what I was planning on doing.  She was on her way, along with my younger brother and dad, to my older brothers house for Easter.  Once I got off the phone with her I changed into workout clothes and did an fun MMA workout along with a booty workout using my new bands. With my workout complete I once again organized my vehicle and camper.

As I snacked on some carrots and humus I called places to try and make reservations which I just hate to do for I never truly know when I will be somewhere. I called The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO and made a reservation for a tram ride and a river cruise on Sunday since they had nothing available for Saturday; that cost $27.00.  Then I called Mammoth Cave National Park to reserve a spot on the Grand Avenue Tour which ended up being sold out for when I wanted to get in so the only date available was Friday April 6 ($26.00). 

Around 18:30, I made a spinach wrap with turkey and cheese only for I had nothing else and ate it inside my camper.  I lit a candle, darkest sandelwood, while I watched another episode of "When Calls the Heart" and that precluded my evening.












No comments:

Post a Comment