Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 197

April 18, 2018                                                                                                         Day 197

I slept in until around 09:30 which felt amazing!  For breakfast we had coffee and cinnamon rolls which are always yummy :)  Yesterday, on my drive back to his place he had asked if I wanted to join him on a day trip to Pittsburgh for he had to do a welding demonstration and I said that I would so while I wrote in my journal he looked up places to stay.   We both took showers and packed up for being gone for a day and then we started the drive to Pittsburgh.

The sun was out and the temperature was tolerable for the drive and the conversation continued to be effortless.  We stopped at a McDonald's for a quick snack and then made a pit stop to see the Palace of Gold in New Vrindaban, West Virginia which was decent.  I enjoyed seeing the peacocks and swans and just walking around.  From there we stopped at the big Cabelas store that had some amazing taxidermy with an Africa, mountains, desert and arctic scene along with lots of things I wanted.  We then detoured to a REI store which was even worse to be in then the Cabelas for I honestly want everything that is in that store!    He got something for his bike while we were there and I tried hard to just quickly glance at things and not stare too long at something for fear I may purchase it. 

At this point in the day we were starving; unfortunately, the first place we found looked sketchy, the second place was way too busy and loud but finally we settled for a place called Burgatory. It turned out to have the atmosphere we were looking for and the food wasn't too bad either.  Granted at this point in the day I was so hungry I probably could have ate anything.  When we were done eating we stopped at a store for some beer and snacks and then headed to the hotel.









No comments:

Post a Comment