Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 182

April 3, 2018                                                                                                           Day 182

Today started out well but then my feelings caught up to me again.  Let us start from the beginning.  Last night I had another nightmare and tossed and turned all night.  I had dreamed that someone in my family had put a huge hole in the back hatch up my camper, smashed my window and was laughing that I could not go on my trip.  I cannot begin to describe my emotions during this dream but I was very upset.  The night before I had dreamed I was at a family members house and two family members were fighting and then one on turned their rage on me and was trying to kill me.  It was a long dream that had me making up in tears.

Besides having these horrible dreams I did wake up today oddly warm and honestly I did not need a sweater!  I had some yogurt and fruit juice combination for breafast and while it digested I went around picking things up and organizing.  One must be wondering how the hell I can constantly being cleaning and organizing a 4 by 8 space haha what can I say I may be a slight neat freak.  Then I put on workout clothes to do my MMA Speed workout.  I can not believe that while doing the workout I was sweating and so warm that at one point I was only in a tank top! WHAT?!  I am drinking in this warm weather.  With my workouts complete I drank my post workout drink and boiled water for my coffee.  I changed into my winter hiking pants and then locked up my camper and hooked it back up to my vehicle.

Driving away from the campground I had the window rolled down, coffee in hand and slowly maneuvered around the potholes and waved to all the forest service men who were out clearing the road of debris.  Once I received cell service I called and left a voicemail at my parents and then a voicemail from my dad popped up on my phone.  I drove in the direction of Harrisburg, Illinois where there was a Walmart that I could buy ice at.  Once I obtained better cell service I called my dad back and he informed me about the severe weather in my area and the possibility of tornadoes!  He also told me about some guy he knew in Illinois who may be able to take a look at my camper but he was not sure where that guy was located so I needed to call my one grandma up and ask her.

At Walmart, I bought a bag of ice while talking with my grandma, Barb, about this guy in Illinois and what she has been up to lately.  Turned out this guy was in northern Illinois and not near me.  Hanging up with her I got back on the road to try and get to a camping spot before this weather became too bad.  The wind was really picking up and was around 30 mph.  I drove 30 minutes to the Garden of the Gods which was an enjoyable ride for the countryside is lush and green.  I pulled into the Pharoah-Garden of the Gods Rec Area Campground sometime around 11:00 and picked out a camping spot.  Immediately, I went about setting up my canopy in this intense wind to try and protect my camper from the rain that is to come later on.  Surprisingly, it was not as difficult to set it up in this wind as I had anticipated. 

Once I was set up I ate two hard boiled eggs, two clementines and had a gin and tonic with cucumber. In an after thought I probably should not have had that drink for it did not help my mood in the slightest and it may have only made it worse.  I had the whole day ahead of me; however, I was not feeling like I should really go hiking anywhere due to the wind and the threat of rain and a possible tornado later on. So I stayed at my camper praying I would not experience a tornado. 

To help calm my nerves I called my older brother who I have come to realize I call whenever I am upset and or nervous about something.  I don't know what it is exactly that he does but he is able to calm me down so well.  We discussed the leaking in my camper and spoke about Easter at his house and how it went.  Once he got home we hung up and I called up my friend Stacie to see what she was up to.

Later in the evening, while watching Netflix on my phone, my mom called me back and we talked for some time.  She has started working full time again with kids so we talked about her work, Easter, and what went wrong with the suburban on their way home.  While we spoke the rain began and boy did it rain! It continued well into the night and at some point the temperature dropped back down into the low 30s so I went into my sleeping bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment