Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day 184

April 5, 2018                                                                                                                 Day 184

Sigh, another cold day.  Where is the excitement and happiness I once had on this trip of mine?  I wake up and feel like disappearing wishing the day was already over with.  I just can not shake this feeling I have deep inside me that something is wrong or missing.  As I sat in my camper last night it hit me just how alone I am.  Yes, I have my family but they don't even know half of the things I have been through and dealt with.  It would be nice to have just one person who knows everything there is to know about me and vice versa. One who I can talk to about anything and is able to give me their honest, no bullshit opinion whether I want to hear it or not.  Is that crazy...or unrealistic?   Normally, I like being alone that or it has never bothered me before.  So the fact that it is getting to me is starting to frustrate me.  What has changed?

Anyways, I got out of my camper around 07:00 to use the restroom and mix together Greek yogurt with fruit juice for breakfast.  I walked over to the well to pump up water to fill all my bottles and then closed up my camper for the road.  My first stop for the day would be the Walmart in  Harrisburg, Illinois to acquire some solar seal or Eva-dry if they even carry it.  After I stood around for almost 15 minutes waiting for an employee to show up (how is it that in these huge stores it always seems like nobody works?) to ask them just in case I missed it I was told they do not have either of those.   I then went to the Subway to get a sandwich for I was starving. 

Leaving Walmart, I headed to Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky which was approximately three hours away.  The drive was nothing special and yet Kentucky is a beautiful state.  Not one area of this state seems to be flat.  It was consistently hills and rolling green farms scattered with cows and horses throughout the drive. Everything also seemed to be flooded and at times the sides of the road would disappear into lakes. 

When I arrived at the park it was packed and quite chaotic.  People and kids were everywhere fighting each other to get into line or to move from one area of the visitor center to the other.  I quickly acquired my prepaid ticket and asked an employees advice on trails and got myself out of there.  From there I drove right down the road to the camping area and I hate that on top of having to pay $20.00 just to camp I also have an additional charge to use the showers. By the time I got to my site it was around 16:00 and though I should go do some hiking to get my moneys worth I just couldn't find the motivation to get going.  Instead, I ate my sandwich while sitting in my camping chair directly in the sun soaking up as much of it as I could.  Once I began to get cold I went into my camper and called it an evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment