Thursday, April 26, 2018

Day 195

April 16, 2018                                                                                                               Day 195

Today Jason was supposed to go to work but he ended up calling out so that we could hang out for little while longer before I left.   Once we were both up we had coffee and ate breakfast together before the awkward good bye.  I just hate good byes and would love to avoid them at all costs if I could.   As I pulled away the snow began coming down almost instantly and I felt as though I should turn around and head back to him.   Instead I continued driving to the marked location he had given me on where there was free camping.  While I drove I could not get over how unexpectedly beautiful West Virginia is and also how water seems to just pour out from every nook and cranny as though the ground itself was weeping.  When I neared the dispersed camping area I had no cell phone service and the river was raging next to the road at times coming almost up to the road itself.  I would find out later that the area I was in was in a flood warning.

The road was pothole ridden and the waterfalls seemed to fall out onto the road.  Part of the road at times was also almost gone due to the rain.  I drove around for quite some time figuring out where I wanted to be and I didn't settle for on a spot until about 18:00.  Driving around with the rain that has now turned into snow I realized that what I really want is to find someone in which to be with.
The snow was coming down harder as I parked my camper and I quickly did the dishes, ate and crawled into the safety of my camper which was also freezing cold!










No comments:

Post a Comment