Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day 258

June 18, 2018                                                                                                              Day 258

Waking up again at 05:00 am.  Thankfully, I did not feel tired for I woke up last night almost every hour for some reason.  It was a perfect temperature outside; yet, there was a thick fog that clung to everything and there was also an air quality advisory.  Since Cape Henlopen State Park didn’t open until 08:00 am I drove to a Giant’s (grocery store) parking lot where I ate my leftovers from Cracker Barrel, wrote in my journal and wrote post cards to family.  From there I drove to a Walmart to use the restroom and then to a post office to drop off mail.  By now it was around 08:00 so I could get into the state park.

There I paid $10.00 to get in and drove to the beach parking area.  At this time there were not a lot of people, so it was easy to park.  I gathered my things and walked to the beach where the thick fog continued to cling to the earth making it so one could only see about 100 yards in front of them. The air was cool, the beach was quite empty, and the ocean was perfect.  I could not have asked for a better day. I love that I am no longer dreading Mondays because of my job and instead I am enjoying every moment life has to offer.  I spent from 08:00 am to 12:00 at the beach where there was no swimming allowed due to visibility.  As I was walking back towards my camper I realized just how many people had now settled in on the beach behind me.


At my camper, I hung up my towel to dry and ate one of my meals cold.  Is it weird that I love my camper, like actually love it? I find it odd that I can get so emotional over an inanimate object.  After I ate I took a nap until 14:30 which felt amazing; I then applied more sunscreen and went back to the beach where I read Jane Eyre on my phone until around 17:00.   Then I took a shower in the bath house and shaved my legs which felt good.  I think I could live near the ocean at some point in my life; however, I would not like to have to deal with hurricanes.  Leaving the bath house I hit the road to the Delaware Welcome Center, about 1.5 hours North of me, where I will park for the evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment