Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day 268

June 28, 2018                                                                                      Day 268

I woke up tired and unrested from a night of tossing and turning.  As is becoming our ritual we had coffee and breakfast burritos before starting to pack up the camper.  We were pulling out of our spot at 09:00 am to a brilliantly beautiful day.  The sky was a clear baby blue, the grass was many shades of green with flowers dotting the landscape in hues of purple, blue, orange and yellow.  The homes we passed were stunning and nestled into the hills with amazing mountain views.  Oh, what it would be like to live here!  Virginia is just as beautiful as I remembered it to be.

Soon, all too soon, we were back on the interstate and I was sitting in the passenger seat working on my laptop doing my coaching business and looking up stuff to do in NYC.  Eventually I tired of that and when Jason needed to use the restroom we swapped seats and I drove for a little while.  The camper swayed a lot with the wind so it was a challenge to keep it on the road.  When we stopped for fuel it was my time to pay and it cost $80.00 to fill her up with diesel running $3.49/gallon.  The drive was only supposed to take four hours but we didn’t end up getting to the campsite until 16:00.


The campsite was obtained with some effort on acquiring a free permit.  The lady I spoke to on the phone was somewhat nice but snooty and because I was asking questions I got the impression she thought I was being bitchy.  In either case we found the site with no difficulty though she said it was supposed to be really hard to find.  The site itself was a beautifully secluded spot within the Delaware State forest; although, we were in Pennsylvania. I found that odd.   Once parked we did a workout that kicked both our butts.  While I took a shower, Jason walked to a nearby creek to filter drinking water for us and then he got a fire going.  I started looking up hikes in the area for us to do tomorrow and then made our dinner of chicken chickpea curry which we ate by the fire.  The bugs were not bad and the temperature was perfect so all in all it was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment