Saturday, July 28, 2018

Day 280

July 10, 2018                                                                                               Day 280

I slept so well last night even though I had another bad dream and when I opened my eyes the sun was shining bright in the sky.  By 07:40 am I had made us shakes to drink and we got on the road to Cape Cod, Massachusetts about an half hour drive away.  The drive was beautiful as seems to be the trend of late.

We pulled into parking at the north end of the shining star bike path and began getting the bikes and packs ready.  I wore one of Jason's biking uniforms which are actually quite comfortable.  The ride was paved the entire way and was easy which was perfect for someone like me just getting started.  The trail follows the route of a former railroad line by the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad company which ran service to New York and Boston from 1872 to 1965.  The trail passes through a seaside section and boasts beautiful vistas of marshes, rivers and the sea.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it stopping at one segment of the rock laden beach to lay in the sun and put our feet in the water.  An absolutely perfect day; especially, after Jason adjusted the seat to where it wasn't making a certain private area go numb.  In all we did 22.6 miles!

Back at the RV we packed up and after I called Maurice's Campground we headed there which was an hour away.  Along the way we stopped at the Cape Cod National Seashore Visitor Center where I bought a sticker and post cards while talking to my new coach. After we paid $45.00 for our site we dumped and filled up with water and then I got to meal prepping some while drinking and listening to music.  We ate jalapeño burgers and watched a funny comedy called Get Smart.


No comments:

Post a Comment