Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day 275

July 5, 2018                                                                                                            Day 275

I could have slept longer but I had to get up and get things ready to be gone come check out time.  We ate some breakfast and packed up the camper.  We decided to spend some time at the state parks beach before taking off and leaving Long Island behind us.  The beach was beautiful with a brilliantly blue sky and barely any waves.  We stayed under the umbrella for shade and I didn't get in the water today.  Partly due to the cold water and partly due to the allowed small bathing area being occupied by kids.  We collected pretty rocks for my collection and after a few hours decided to head out.

Once we were back at the RV we headed to fill up on fuel and after looking at traffic decided to wait it out.  So we pulled over at a park and while Jason went Mountain bike riding I made a meal prep grocery list and worked some.  We took a good nap and around 20:00 headed out of the city.

Leaving NYC proved to be a challenge due to bridges that we couldn't fit under so I had to try and navigate us out.  Eventually after much frustration we made it out of the city.  I will say the the city at night is beautiful. Around midnight we pulled into a rest area to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment