Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day 272

July 2, 2018                                                                                                     Day 272

Lately, we both have been sleeping in and not waking up when the sun rises and I wonder if it is because I am in a camper and the shades block the sun from waking me.  After we were both up we had coffee, breakfast sandwiches and finished the movie from the night before.  From there we walked to a campsite where we did an intense hour workout where I was sweating so bad my shirt soaked thru.  That just shows how tough the workout was and how humid it was outside.  With the workout over we went back to the camper to shower and have our shakes.

On the road again we headed to Patterson Great Falls National Historic Park about two hours south near NYC.  The drive was pleasant and conversation focused mainly on the temperature (100 degrees F but felt like 110 degrees F).  We stopped for lunch at a turn out and got back on the road.  Nearing the park the area turned into a rundown city almost like, if not was, the ghetto.  Garbage was everywhere, people parked where ever they liked, houses touched each other, and pimped out rides were everywhere.  The vehicles were jacked up with shiny hubcaps and all the works.  The parking for the falls was non-existent and I didn’t want to get out to walk around so we just headed to the campground.

Thankfully he drove for the traffic was awful and what should have only taken about one hour took at least three.  Then we missed a turn and was routed towards a toll that should have only been $15.00 but since we had an extra tire it was $42.00!  The price wasn’t even doubled but way more.  Eventually we pulled into the Wildwood State Park on Long Island around 18:00 and our site T-04 was right at the front of the campground which was really nice.  Then I spent time trying to figure out the metro and somewhere to eat.  For some reason I am getting irritated at having to plan everything but it is my trip so I don’t know why it is getting to me.  We walked down to the ocean which was displaying a beautiful sunset before we called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment