Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day 265

June 25, 2018                                                                                      Day 265

Today is the day!  It didn’t start off so well and never did get any better.  As soon as I woke up I began organizing things and had a quick breakfast and then finished packing up the camper.  I showered and shaved without doing a workout for he wanted to get on the road by noon. As we were about to leave he went down to his families place to say good bye and then they follow him back up so we talked for a while before leaving.

Finally on the road we talked and then I worked on my business until I ran out of service.  He was listening to a podcast on what I do not know for I was not paying attention and I worked on trying not to fall asleep.  We stopped on the side of the road for lunch which was tasty.  Around 15:00 we arrived at one of Jason’s friend’s house in Union, West Virginia.  After walking a mile in to this guy’s place and meeting him Jason then said they were going to weld and do some work which will take no less than two hours…. that’s just great.  So, I walked back to the camper and since I had no service and nothing else to do I just laid there…waiting.  


After some time they came back to move the camper and pick me up.  They continued to weld, and I sat in the house playing a game on my phone. When they came back in we had a beer that his friend had made and we sat around talking.  A lot of the conversation revolved around welding, racism and politics so I had very little to say about any of that.  For dinner we sat on the indoor patio and had burritos and salad by candlelight which tasted good.  Finally, it was bed time and I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment